Sunday, March 30, 2008

Small creature..

Have you ever watch food or travel living type of program on TV channel,
where the host is trying those creepy insects on the road side of Bangkok or China,
and you laugh at them when they dare not try those small creature?

I did.

Hahaha,and karma caught me fast.

-------------------

I was in Beijing,with my friend bringing me around for Food.
So we reach this road side stall, just like what we seen on TV channel.

and my 'dear' friend trying very hard to convince me to TRY,

"Something you don't eat everyday,and something you HAVE to try!"

With the male ego telling me not to chicken out,
I spent 10 RMB to buy a stick.
It looks just like a Satay,except its not Pork or Beef,
but scorpion.

"Congrats!" my friend grin evilly.

I have to apologise,I didn't bring my DC,so I have to capture these picture with my handphone.

The Fear factor
Photobucket

a closer look,the sting is still there.
Photobucket

In fact, they were still moving before being thrown into Oil Wok for deep fried.

To be honest,I feel like to chicken out,although I'm already holding a stick of cooked scorpions.
I put one into my mouth,slowly,just like how you eat SATAY,but 10 times slower.
and I give my first chew,

with a weird facial expression,
the hawker smile at me and said:
"You are suppose to taste the juiciness"

"Juiciness?!" I screamed inside my heart.

Hmmmmmmmm~It taste a little salty,
and the stomach of the scorpion have some fluid.
with the spices added by the hawker,
It actually taste quite nice.

Scary experience,but so far I'm still living and breathing.
*afraid of being poisoned by the scorpion.
----------------------------

Melbourne Trip

Visited Melbourne,and meet up with High school friends!

I like Melbourne,it has the best balance of western and asia Life style.
It was awesome to meet up with friends in such a beautiful city.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The City view from memorial Hall.

Photobucket
Eng hwa, Yi Hao, Ah Mao,Jason and me in Italian restaurant

Photobucket
In Eng hwa's apartment,with NAT. :)

------------------------

After this,
I'm going for few turn-arounds,and then I will go to Brisbane!
:)

Its been a while since my last visit.
Am looking forward to it.

No comments: