Sunday, April 1, 2007

Fish that commit suicide

Lately there is an office renovation carry on and due to the renovation need,My dad have to shift his favourite fishes from level 1 to level 3.
Well, it seems like a simple task to me,until the moment I operate it.
Its Pirahna,yeah,the south Africa fish that you always see in movie.
I just didn't know that there are around 20 of them,in an aquarium.

First, you need a pail.Fill it with some water,make sure the water level is at least half of the pail and of course,you must be able to lift the pail.
Then,you need to net the fish,which they will struggle and flip and spill water everywhere,finally they are caugth, quickly put them into the pail you've ready.
I always know that Pirahna is strong and energetic and aggresive,but I just didn't know that they are good in commit suicide too.

The pirahna is big and I can only carry 3 fish in every pail,I carefully lift the pail where I can sense the movement inside the pail and apparently it was them who organizing a break away.
It is totally unexpected when one of them just JUMP out from the pail while I'm on the stairs to the second floor.
My face is pale,trust me.
At that moment,what I can think of is to put down the pail,and run down the stairs to rescue the stupid Pirahna that try to kill himself.The poor thing is strong,struggling and try to breath in air!I know I have to catch it quick or to wrap them in black plastic bag.
When my hand is on its body,I can feel the smooth and slippery body,the sticky surface is kinda disgusting.
I throw the fish back into the pail and immediately,another one JUMP out from the aquarium. Where my dad have to catch and put it back.Phew~~~!
I rescue three fish on that event.

I'm all wet when 21 of them are shifted to a new aquarium,in level 3.

Guess what,I witness another commit suicide this morning,again.
Double the action and extra flavor!
The 3rd floor aquarium is placed next to the window,I was on my way to kitchen on the second floor and I saw a fish JUMP out from the aquarium and fall straight down to the second floor ground.
Yeah,It fell from the stairs yesterday and today it take on the level height.I guess there is 10 feet!
I'm stunned at that stage.

It takes me a second before I react,I ran to the fish where it is still flipping and struggling,quickly take up the fish and throw it into the pail in second floor's bathroom.It seems like a dead fish when its in the pail,looked numb,just some movement encountered on its gill.

Amazingly,the one that try to kill himself again is able to swim when I put it back to the aquarium.Although it looks abit shakey..
My dad says the fish is shocked and need sometime to recover,I hope it does.
Afterall,it is superb that a pirahna is able to take on commit suicide, again and again.
There you go,thats the face of the stupid fish.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

DT said...

wah ur dad rears piranha? why woh? to throw in the thieves when they break in to the office? hahaha

Sparkling Sapphire said...

I know piranhas are famous for being vicious. This is like some facinating discovery. They are brainless nuts too! I learned something new today. Hmmp.

John Lee said...

The whole experience is shocking yet educational,huh!
well I hope other fish has bigger brain! :P